Thursday, August 21, 2008

Still on my mind......

Old topic that I haven't had a chance to blog about:
Was in Palm Springs a couple of weeks ago. I saw "twins". Two guys, about 60 something, both balding with shaved heads, both in workout clothes (sleeveless shirts and shorts). Almost identical physical build and matching, newly inked black tribal tattoo on their left bicep.

1. I always thought it was crucial to be your own person. As a kid, my mom would dress my sister and me in the same outfit - the novelty wore off. Why do that as you age?
2. I love the gays - I'm the biggest fan but why be so matchy, matchy? It wasn't cute.
3. Elderly getting tattooed, don't get me started. I just don't see the point. Don't think I'm ultra conservative, I'm NOT. Figure the skin is saggy, will it every really look "good".

I guess it's all personal taste - just had to share :D

1 comment:

Erick & Norma said...

I totally agree Maria. Whatever happened to individuals having their own sense of style. I especially love it when i see couples wearing matching outfits :)