Thursday, August 28, 2008

Disaster!

Morning Routine - Chuck gets up at the butt crack of dawn, feeds the dogs and I wake up a little later (girl needs her beauty sleep :D). I get ready to go to work but before I head out the door - I give the pups a delicious treat and head out to work.


Today wasn't so simple - as I was giving them their snack, when we heard a gigantic crash. Ripi and I jumped (we get startled easily). You'll never guess what created this racket.......The FLY TRAP fell. The lid stayed anchored to the zip tie but container came crashing down. Luckily (still not sure if it was a good thing) the concoction was still white, it only had a couple of dead flies and NO MAGGOTS. Thankfully, it landed upright - there was only minor spillage.


Our curious dogs were the first to investigate, I even saw a little tongue testing the findings. I obviously screamed and Trini backed away! I ran inside got a zip lock bag, emptied the liquid into that, picked up the container, and washed down the patio in 5 minutes.

I had no time to think just react. It's no way to start the morning - that's for sure ;D

No comments: