Friday, January 30, 2009

FB

Similarly to Norma, I've been neglecting my blogging duties because I've been spending too much time on Facebook (FB)......I know there are people out there that aren't on the fence yet (Lynn :D) but I can assure you that it's easy to navigate and so informative.

I was once there myself, my sister started out strong on FB and I wouldn't see any benefit to it until I came back from visiting my younger cousins in mexico. All of them were on FB, even if they didn't have a computer at home. They are virtually connected to anyone, which is kinda cool considering that in 1995 I was using a "word processor" to help me complete papers for college because desktops were too expensive! (Okay, I just dated myself - didn't I? But I know I wasn't the only one)

I'm just going to say it -- the millennials are taking over......we might as well get on board with all the technology now :D

Getting back to FB - I like that it's instantaneous and you're able to view all your friends updates in real time. I also have the Blackberry application on my phone so I can easily update my status or upload a quick picture. It's AWESOME.

You also get valueable chisme without really having to connect to people....a girl from high school connected with me and she was connected to this other girl (that I never really hung out with) by the time I had finished scrolling down her page I found out that the other girl had 4 kids (3 baby daddy's). Where else would I have picked up that intel without having to connect????

So let's face it, I may be a virtual voyeur (at heart) so FB helps to satisfy my deepest chisme desires :D

No comments: