Friday, January 30, 2009

I'm a RUNNER

So I just finished week 3 of running camp. Can I just tell you that I had a break through this morning!!!!!

I was sound asleep and at 4:49am I woke up all of a sudden all freaked out and shook Carlos awake (I was pretty devastated) and said ......I overslept, I missed my running class.......He looked over at the alarm clock and said ......no you didn't it's too early......Then my alarm went off and I knew I was good to go.

I see it as a sign -- the old me wouldn't have freaked out, she wouldn't have even been up yet. The new me gets up even if it's windy/cold/wet and drives out to meet up with her middle aged counterparts and goes running!

I've been contemplating buying a Garmin ForeRunner to track my mileage in real time (I know, more technology...) but for now I use http://www.mapmyrun.com/ so I do it manually. My work-out log looks awesome, there's activity almost every day. This week I calculated us doing about 4 miles a day, it's primarily on residential streets and/or side walks. But at 5:30am it's still very dark out so we still have to "alert". My legs aren't so tired anymore (since I've started to ice them after the runs) and when I sprint, I'm actually going faster (who knew that practicing pays off).

I'm doing a 4 mile trail run with Carlos tomorrow in lieu of our big race next week, so I'll be able to show off some of my skills. We haven't run together since I started the class. I'm certain I'll do better than I've ever done before. I'll keep you all posted.

No comments: