Monday, February 9, 2009

Rain and Running

Our running coach had to reschedule Friday & today's run due to the rain. It's been consistently wet so we've been staying off the roads. To compensate, I decided to hit up the gym on Friday. I did the bike for 15 and then I did the treadmill. I realized that I dislike being in doors when I workout. I know, I can always rely on people watching but when the 50+ old man in front of you is drenched in sweat and the lady next to you has a sweat thong going on....I prefer not to look.

It also has a caged up smell. I getting ready to run but the bounce on the treadmill was bothering my foot. Instead I decided to just walk. I felt so confined, wasn't sure where to put my hands or how to move without falling. It was a sight to see! But hey, a workout is a workout and you have to cope :D

Update: I finally got my picture on the OC Trail Runners sight. I'm OFFICIAL ...... http://www.octrailrunners.org/news.html

We had signed up for the OC Chili Winter Trail Series at O'Neil Park in RSM. http://www.bookthatevent.com/Trail_Run/Home.html
It was still raining, our friend Aaron joined Carlos & I on our very wet and cold run. Due to rains they modified the course to only include paved roads. (We were suppose to go up some gnarly dirt hills). I got lucky, my running mate Cindy opted to show up so I had a running partner. The rain was continuous, it didn't let up - my time was 41.20 minutes (and I think we did 3.6 miles) so that's about 11.28 minute mile. I was hoping for better but I'm glad I showed up. My friend Cindy was #1 in her age group, Carlos was #4 in his age group!

Truth in advertising - after we crossed the finish line we made a b-line for the hot chili. No joke they had original and vegetarian options. I was hoping for some corn bread but that was wishful thinking. We ate our chili, had some muffins, drank some water (Aaron brought some refreshing beer to help warm us up). The organizers had a raffle and we were all WINNERS. Aaron & Carlos won water bottles and I scored a free pair of SHOES.

I know, I'm pumped! I'll try to post some of our pictures (most look blurry because of the rain but you get the picture)

No comments: