Thursday, March 26, 2009

Headed up North

Read Carlos' blog for an accurate account of our trip. This is my condensed version :D

We drove up to Santa Cruz to visit our friends Heather, Josh, & Thomas over the weekend. Couldn't have asked for better weather, it was brisk but clear! In order to get to Santa Cruz, we had to pass through various farming communities (Castroville, Capitola, Watsonville, etc.) and I can't tell you how excited I was. I felt at home, driving through the fields. I got to see some artichoke plants in full bloom and realized that my plant has a ways to go! I'd never been up to Santa Cruz, so it was refreshing to go somewhere new.

We spent some quality time with Heather & Thomas, caught up on some new reality tv shows, ate some delicious food, and on our way down we stopped at one of our favorite places - The Point Lobos State Reserve. It was an amazing short trip!

No comments: