Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Running Camp

So after 8 weeks, my running camp has concluded. It was bittersweet, I've grown close to those ladies and they sure do keep me on my toes. I'm on the fence as to signing up for another camp (primarily due cost). All we've been hearing in the news and everywhere else (for that matter) is the dire need to save. America needs to buckle down and save as much as possible. With the uncertainty of this economy, you just never know.

I've talked it over with Carlos and he told me that if I decide to sign up, the cost isn't that horrendous and that he knows I will maximize the 8 weeks. He brought up a good point, we could save in other ways. He's also noticed a definite improvement and confidence in my running ability. We'll see what it comes down too, we have a week off and start back up end of March.

Whatever happens, I hope to keep this crazy schedule with 4:40am walk up calls on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. I'm finding that working out in the morning and getting it out of the way leaves minimal room for flaking. Especially if people are counting on you to show up :D

1 comment:

Lynn said...

saving is a good thing. but then again during tumultuous times you never know you you might need to run really really fast.

unfortunately the lack of sleep thing would get me.