Monday, June 9, 2008

Think before you name your kids!

I couldn't help myself talking about celebrities today! Just because you're famous doesn't mean you need to name your kid something obscure.

Just read that Jessica Alba and her new husband Cash (why would you name your kid money?) Warren just had their baby - Honor Marie Warren. Why put Honor in front of Marie? She's no Judge.

Christina Aguilar named her son - Max Liron Bratman. I can handle Max but it ultimately will always remind me of (Mel Gibson's awesome character - Mad Max).



What's with Liron? It can be confused with Lion with an extra "r" or Iron with an "L" in front of it. Wait a minute - I just found a source that tells me what Liron stands for: "my song" or "my joy" in Hebrew. I guess since she is a singer, sort of makes sense.

For all other folks, having a kid is wonderful but spend some time really thinking about what you're naming them. A name stays with them forever and kids are mean.

For more messed up celebrity names check out: http://www.cracked.com/article_15765_20-most-bizarre-celebrity-baby-names.html

5 comments:

Erick & Norma said...

I just saw that on Perez this morning! I thought it must be a typo...why would they name her Honor?! That's ridiculous. It's not even a pretty sounding word. Jermajesty is still the far worst name ever though, poor kids.

twopennycents said...

honor's mom got knocked up by the guy who had previously dumped her before finding out she was pregnant. honor's parents got married two weeks before her birth so she wouldn't be 'illegitimate'.
hilarious.

twopennycents said...

this line i read on yahoo entertainment just sealed it: "It's a lot of stress to buy a house, have a baby and get married in six months," she recently told USA Weekend. "It's a lot of life-changing decisions. I'm really, really secure and happy in my relationship."

Abel said...

That is why i stuck with a Beaner name and a character name.

Lynn said...

Funny for us, but not for the poor kiddos. :)