Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Walking to Running

Carlos is a runner, our dogs are runners - I usually lag behind and walk. I can out-walk anything and anyone if you ask me. I decided that walking might not be enough, so I've started to tackle small races to see how well I do. Thanks to good shoes and special inserts, my foot seems to be okay!

This upcoming Sunday, I'm doing the IRON GIRL 5K at the Del Mar Fair Grounds. Our friend did the 5k before and said it was a great race that was completely geared to woman. I was hoping to have a big group of us run/walk, but it never fails. All the usual suspects seem to flake, so it's usually a 1 person team (2 if Carlos joins me) :D

Check out the race -

http://www.irongirl.com/Events/Del_Mar.htm

In preparation for it, I ran one of our favorite trails (3.86 miles with gradual incline).



We're looking for another race in July and we have Disney's 1/2 Marathon late August. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: