Sunday, September 14, 2008

B-day Recap

Having a b-day on September 11th has been interesting. After the attacks in 2001, my day usually starts and ends with some sort of mention or a memorial focused on remembering those people lost in the world trade center attacks. I think it's important that we continue to heal so I don't really mind but it sucks to start and end your special day on a sad note.

My family, friends, and even co-workers have all be great! Instead of 1 day focused on my b-day - lately, I've been able to squeeze out almost a week of celebration. Granted, a lot of it has to do with scheduling but I'm still very honored to have such support and love!

*BTW: My sister was sworn in on my b-day. It's official she can VOTE! Congrats -Nanita!

After we got back from the river, my family had a small get together for me. We had some delicious enchiladas verdes and carrot cake.

Sitting with my favorite niece as she sings Happy B-day to me. (But she really thinks it's for her :D)


Ripley enjoying the car ride home, their grandparents were dog sitting.


Trini looking out!

No comments: