Sunday, September 14, 2008

Garden Update

Chuck just made me laugh - he's so official in his terminology. I asked him "how much more do we have left in my garden?"

He's calling this: The 1st Phase of the garden expansion project.

My pals (Trina, Chris, Danny, Kat, Jean & Christopher) surprised me with a gift card to HOME DEPOT, a sweet veggie/herb organic reference guide, and some new pots and plants. Without hesitation - we decided to start our task.

Task 1: Get rid of the brick & concrete boarder


Rented a sweet electric jack hammer from Home Depot.


Cleared out the brick & concrete in about an hour.


Put up a temporary new fencing area to keep the dogs out of the trench.


Now we have to clear the grape fruit tree, remove the stump, level out the yard and start to transplant and plant some more.

I'm excited - this is PROGRESS!

2 comments:

Erick & Norma said...

I think you need to change the name of your blog to "Ambitious Gardener". :) Nice work on the "1st Phase of the Garden Expansion Project".

Ambitious Crafter said...

I should, huh? But I'm working on Dog Coat #2 on the side - since we're approaching winter :D