Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Disney 1/2 Marathon

Read Carlos' blog for a really detailed version........I was doing great time until my stomach started cramping up at the 10th mile. I was forced to walk until the finish line - which, I found the most challenging part the finish line!

The race ends at downtown Disney, you have to be quick on your feet since you're dodging fellow runners, big tree planters, some benches, and the path is narrow and windy with a slight incline. It's not a straight away where you can confidently run in and not crash into anyone.

Would I do it again? Perhaps if my time is faster, (I came in at 2.55). I noticed that a lot of faster runners ran into the park - took pictures with all the cast members and attractions then hauled butt to finish the race. I think that's the only realistic way to really finish this race - you're capped at 3.5 hours. Disneyland wants to capitalize from this busy weekend and of course open the park without any delays.

Your $100 entry fee doesn't cover park entrance (after the race) or parking. It's PRETTY PRICEY! But if you're a big mouse fan - it might be worth it :D

No comments: