Wednesday, September 17, 2008

SUCKED IN!

I told myself that I would try to minimize my TV viewing but last night -- THE BIGGEST LOSER (FAMILY) started up. I was dumbfounded, each year they seem to find bigger people. America we have a big problem!

http://www.nbc.com/The_Biggest_Loser/

I DVR'd the episode but had to fast forward -- when they spend 30 minutes videotaping (inactive) people struggle (since they've never moved that way before in their life) and (some) complain about doing a hike on a hill in 110 degree weather, I couldn't take it. I had to fast-forward.

Shockingly: after a week (of eating right and extreme workouts), some of them lost up to 25 lbs. I can't manage what they were doing to their bodies on a regular basis so that working out and eating the right portions made them lose that much weight. I'm at a loss for words. I really doubt it's a healthy way to diet.

But hey at least this time, I got fired up and motivated. I did some bicep curls and other arm exercises as I watched them struggle.

5 comments:

Carlos said...

The father son duo from Boston eat a bowl of pasta with like 4 cans of alfredo sauce and 2 canisters of parmessan cheese. That's a loto of calories. Yikes!

Erick & Norma said...

I was watching it too! :-)

twopennycents said...

i saw it. they were grosser looking this time. they need to add a psych portion to it. you can't let yourself get to elephant-size and be all normal about it.

Erick & Norma said...

You guys are so Cruel...

twopennycents said...

not cruel. realistic. you have issues if you actually feel good after eating like they do. something is not right and it's an addiction that needs to be addressed as the mental illness it is.